Saturday, February 8, 2014

A lack of planning on my part...

It's 5:30 AM. I'm tired, grumpy, and I haven't even had a cup of coffee yet. I am up this early on my well deserved Saturday off because of a lack of planning on my part. As you may or may not know, the 2014 ALES Open is right around the corner, which is held right here is Regina. The ALES Open is the largest homebrew competition in Canada.

I have had a recent change of career and have put my homebrewing hobby on hold. Now I have the problem of the ALES Open deadline being April 7th and nothing in the fermenters. A little backstory: I'm on the executive of my local brew club and I'm expected to enter several categories with aspirations of winning medals for our club. So I have an ambitious plan, brew twelve styles of beer in less than a week... Sounds nuts right?  Maybe it's nuts but I plan on brewing 30 gallons of beer today. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment